Staff at Archaeology South-East
General contact details:
Archaeology South-East, UCL
+44 (0)1273 426830
– B.A., A.I.F.A
• Project Manager (post excavation)
• The Iron Age of southeast England , particularly Surrey and Kent .
• The Late Iron Age – Romano British
• Iron Age funary practices
• Depositional processes
• Project Management: fieldwork and post excavation
• Fieldwork: Director of urban excavations
• Fieldwork: Director of extensive landscape excavations
• Post-Excavation: compiling large and complex reports / monographs
• Surveying: use of total station
2007 - present - Project Manager (post excavation)
2005 - 2007 - Acting Project Manager / Senior Archaeologist, Archaeology South-East
2002 - 2005 - Field Officer, Archaeology South-East
1996 - 2001 - Archaeologist, Surrey County Archaeological Unit
1995 - 1996 - Supervisor, AC Archaeology
1993 - 1995 - Archaeological Assistant, AC Archaeology
• 1993 - BA – Archaeology, University of Southampton.
Membership of Learned
Societies and Professional Recognition
• Associate Member, Institute of Field Archaeologists
• The Prehistoric Society
Brisley Farm, Ashford, Kent:
Excavation of a 7.5ha multi-period landscape ranging from the
Late Bronze Age to post-medieval periods. The main emphasis being
a Late Iron Age funary landscape centred around two inhumations
with weapons. For Ward Homes. View
Knightrider Street, Maidstone,
Kent: Directed evaluation and subsequent excavation
of a medieval and post-medieval urban site in the town centre.
Hawk’s Hill House, Leatherhead,
Surrey: Directed excavation of mid Iron Age site.
For Millgate Homes.
Dymchurch Road, New Romney:
Directed excavation of Medieval ‘sea front’ site.
King and Barnes, Horsham:
Directed excavation of a medieval and post-medieval stratified
Christchurch School, Ashford Kent:
Directed excavation of a late Bronze Age – Early Iron Age site.
Land Northeast of Horley, Surrey:
Directed extensive evaluation of 135 trial trenches
Plus approximately c.80 other evaluations, c.100 watching briefs
and several desk-based assessments
Stevenson, J in press. ‘Excavations at Long Grove Road Epsom,
Surrey’, Surrey Archaeological Collections
Stevenson, J in press. ‘Excavations at Knightrider Street, Maidstone,
Kent’, Archaeologia Cantiana.